THERMOPLASTIC POLYOLEFIN TPO is a thermoplastic* single-ply membrane
used for roof waterproofing in a variety of system designs. It can be adhered mechanically fastened or loosely laid and ballasted. TPO is manufactured in sheets that
are reinforced with a polyester mat. Widths, 8, 10'AND 12' Standard length
100'roll. Thickness-(mils) 45, 60, 72, and 80.
Colors- White, Gray, and Tan.
Manufactured to ASTM D 6878, Specification for Thermoplastic Polyolefin Based Sheet Roofing Plastics.
Detail work is commonly done with a non-reinforced product
Preformed Accessories are available in non-reinforced products and now are also
available in reinforced products
Advantages and Disadvantages
PRIMARY ADVANTAGES of TPO:
2. Resistance to acid and alkali chemicals
3. Long Lasting
4. UV Coated
5. Fewer welded seams with wider rolls
6. No Open Flames
7. Easier to Detect Leaks In Future
PRIMARY DISADVANTAGES of TPO are
1. It is relatively easy to puncture if not careful
2. It is slippery when wet or icy
3. Cannot Install in the Winter (Not Recommended)